The Daily Routine at Darlinghurst
School opening times
· Our school day is 8.40am to 3.10pm
· The main gate and side gate opens at 8.30am and 3.10pm (KS1 & 2)
· The Reception gate opens at 8:35am
· The Nursery gate opens at 8:50am and 3.35pm to allow access for Nursery parents and carers.
· The classrooms are open at 8.45am. The register must be closed by 8.50am. If your child comes in after 8.45am, they will be marked in as being late.
Please let the teacher or the office know if someone else is collecting your child. We will not let your child leave school if we are unsure or have not been informed of a change of usual arrangements.
· EYFS engage in free-flow across the day with access to indoor and outdoor spaces.
· A healthy snack is provided for all children in reception.
Key Stage 1
· Break is in the morning and children are provided with a healthy snack or they can bring their own.
· Key stage 2
· Break is in the morning and the children can bring a healthy snack.
· Please aim to be punctual every day for a positive start to the day. Whilst unforeseen circumstances can arise, should persistent lateness occur, you will be contacted by our attendance officer. Everyday counts and attendance is paramount. If your child is unable to attend the academy, please ensure that the attendance officer is made aware of the reason for absence, before 9:30: Miss Davis: 01702 509205 or 01702 478379 option 1. This includes any essential appointments or extreme circumstances in order to fulfil attendance recording and reporting requirements. Holidays are not permitted in term time
· For further details about Attendance, please see our Attendance page.
· Morning session 08:50am – 11:50am
· Afternoon session 12:35pm – 15:35pm